Saturday, 7 February 2009

Saturday Feb 7 2009

Sevgi, Tony and their children Harun and Tanzele and baby Zaneb came round yesterday. It was a lot of fun having them round. Libby and Tanzele were good company for each other, it was lovely seeing them play together. I came into the comfy room and there they were, the two of them, sitting on the settee together watching Charlie and Lola. Daniel had been saying that he wasn't keen on them visiting but he made a really big effort and was really nice to Harun, offering to play chess, then building a train track with him. I was so proud of him as Harun is quite a lot younger than Daniel. He played chess with Tony and then I gave Harun a game. Harun knows the moves of some of the pieces, but doesn't really understand the game yet.



On that morning Daniel and I had been to the galleries for a haircut. Daniel had a nice chat with the hairdresser, told her that he was home educated and liked reading his children's newspaper. He asked her if she new anyone else who was home educated and she said "yes, me"!



















Today Libby had her dancing and Moira took her to that. She looked so pretty when she went out. I took Daniel to his drama club, also at the Washington Arts Centre. He's been going there for a few weeks now and really enjoys it. The children there are generally very nice and the teaching excellent. There was a new one this week, a pretty blonde lady called Christina. She started off with some games which got the children into acting mode and then they did a short scene on the stage. Lovely.





This evening we went to Frances' and Keith's house for dinner. Daniel had telephoned her earlier to find out what was cooking - chilli and curry. Karen Holland and Matthew were also there. She gave Libby and Daniel a present - Libby really liked the scarf (and the sweets!). While we were having our meal Libby stayed in the living room. When I went in to check on her she had a guilty look and there on the settee were the wrappers from half a dozen chocolate coins as well as the marshmallow stick! It was a very nice evening out. They are such good company, and Libby and Daniel enjoyed themselves too. Daniel was very chatty and enthusiastic at the dinner table, and obviously enjoyed the food.




































I spoke with Ruben today, he has agreed his redundancy package with Marvell. So after all those years of jet-setting around the world as an microchip engineer he is without a job. The world-wide credit crunch has hit the family. He said that he was going to go to Austria to stay with his girl friend Astrid for a few weeks. He is not quite sure about it though, it's a big decision.



This morning Moira said to Libby "you did something a bit naughty last night" and Libby said "was it when I hit daddy?" and Moira said "I wasn't thinking about that, you ate all the chocolate coins" whereupon Libby said "that wasn't naughty, they just looked so delicious"!


No comments:

Post a Comment